The personal blog of a young woman with an obnoxious mind. This is where she speaks up, hoping to be heard and understood. Her life is a solemn quest of self-discovery and love, thus came the blog name "Lover Without a Lover" (inspired by the one and only Warsan Shire). She documents daily mundaneness, joy and suffering. She finds comfort and inspiration by putting her thoughts into words and images. She enjoys art in the form of music and poetry. So come one, come all, and listen to the things she has say.
Next present holiday wish list
Well, it would be my birthday. I want a keyboard! My piano skills are very beginner level but I would love to learn. I have a lot of musical projects in mind (now that I stopped orchestra), and I think having a piano would make rearranging music a lot easier. Anyway, I fear that I won’t have too much time with school, but one can always dream.
1. Physical appearance is insignificant. Having a pretty face brings nothing but vain
and unwanted sexual attention from people you barely know. Attractiveness, on the other hand, comes from the personality, from the body language, and from the clothes (even though I might sound contradictory, but I’ve learnt that people judge you a lot on the way you dress). It’s possible to see beauty in anybody if we spend enough quality times with them.
2. Start everything with a humble heart. The worst attitude to have when you start anything new, whether it is a new job, a project or an assignment, is to overestimate yourself. Be open to the advice they have to give, learn from others’ experience and learn to listen.
3. Life is unfair. So don’t take anything for granted thinking that you deserve it. You don’t deserve anything. When good things happen to you, treasure every bit of it, and don’t be shy to show your gratefulness. When bad things happen, it’s okay to be sad, but thinking that you deserved better will just lead you to a very destructive mentality. Pick yourself up and make yourself happy.
What is the most inspirational thing you’ve ever heard ?
- said the Sims character that I played in my friends basement.
Even though I never played that game again, this is by far the most inspirational thing I’ve ever heard. I think about these words in my darkest times. It was a life-defining moment. I still become overwhelmed with emotions when I hear these wise words.
Bwezee my friend, dear loyal reader of my blog, bwezee and bwezee good.
A letter to your eight year old self
Go out and play, this is the one of the happiest times of your life. Keep drawing because you are actually good at it. And it really doesn’t matter that you don’t have the newest collection of Barbie doll dresses, you are happy without it anyway.
Bad habits of yours
- Waking up unnecessarily early
- Checking my phone immediately when I wake up unnecessarily early
- Destroying my eye sight with technology
- Being too last minute
- Colossal sugar consumption (by that I include chocolate and nutella and all that)